Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

This Weeks Topic:
Books I Loved that Made Me Want More Books Like Them

1. Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer - This is the books that got me into natural disaster type dystopian books. 

2. Uglies (Uglies #1) by Scott Westerfeld - This is most definitely the book that got me into futuristic/sci-fi dystopian novels. One of my all time absolute favorites. 

3. Twilight (Twilight #1) by Stephenie Meyer - I hate to admit it because looking back now, Twilight is so bad. But this series is what got me back to reading in high school in the first place and got me to read other Vampire books. For the record though, The Vampire Diaries is 100% way better than Twilight. 

4. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter - This was my first foray into spy novels and I loved it! By the time I read this there were already 3 books in the series out so I had to play catch up and then I started looking into similar books. 

5. The Host (The Host #1) by Stephenie Meyer - This is the book that got me into Alien/species from other planets type books (though this one is specifically Alien influenced Dystopian). I was kicking myself so hard for how long I waited to read this one. I had it since it came out (2008) but didn't read it til 2012 cuz of it being Stephenie Meyer and feeling meh cuz of Twilight. But it was 1000% better than Twilight and absolutely the reason I enjoy a good alien influenced book nowadays. It will forever be a favorite! 

6. Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr - This book right here is absolutely what started my love of all things Fae specifically. We all know I can't resist a good Fae novel nowadays and its thanks to reading this series right here in high school. 

7. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare - City of Bones is truly the book that really pushed me into fantasy. While other books on this list also qualify as fantasy, this is the one that truly got me into the genre. Fantasy is still currently my second overall favorite genre (first obviously being dystopian). 

8. Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer - This is the book that really got me into werewolves specifically! 

9. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare - This was my first real introduction into steampunk. It made me incredibly curious about it.

10. Leviathan (Leviathan #1) by Scott Westerfeld - This is what I read soon after Clockwork Angel as it has a lot of steampunk elements in it. But this series is actually what made me interested in more historical novels as well as this series plays out on the cusp on WWI. 

No comments: