A Week In My Life covers what happened throughout the week. It'll include my posts for under each respective day, a recap of the day, etc. After the week I'll then include any books I received this week! It is officially replacing the Stacking The ShelvesSunday Post, Weekly Recap post I used to do and puts everything under a much neater title.

*A Note for Followers from Hope, Faith & Books*
*If you followed me through GFC or email, please refollow on GFC or resubscribe through email over here if you wish to keep seeing my content*

*Also, if you're interested in the 2021 Dystopia Reading Challenge, please stop by the sign-up post! *

Monday:
Pretty much the chill day for both me and Brian considering it was a holiday and both of our last day off from school before our next terms began. 

Tuesday:
Our new terms began. Brian is actually pretty happy. Even though his instructor for both classes in this five week set is one he's had before and knows grades a bit hard, said instructor isn't making these classes as overwhelming as previous ones and trying to explain things better so less students struggle. So he's actually feeling a bit better about his classes. 

I'm feeling good about mine. I straight up opened my class with no tests first to get a small break from tests (my other 3 have them). There's 4 papers but they aren't too hard. Feeling good.


Wednesday:
I got started on my first paper. Its a video observation paper. We have a lot of these as at WGU as video observations count towards what traditional universities would have as in class observation hours each semester. But I think we get the better deal because our videos span grades, subjects, and teaching methods. So we get to observe more than just one class and teacher.

Thursday:
I attended a getting started cohort (webinar) for said class, which is just an instructor going over everything, offering tips, etc. It was good. 

Unfortunately, Thursday ended kinda rough for me. I fell walking between the car and the apartment and sprained my ankle. I won't disturb you guys with pictures. But its definitely swollen and bruising. Honest to god spraining it freaked me out. The pop that came from my foot area was extremely cringe worthy. But as I came to find out is common when you sprain your ankle. It's the first time since I was a kid I've sprained it so I forgot what's like when it happens. 

Friday:
I spent all day laying in bed with my foot elevated and iced. I tried to get some schoolwork done but honestly I just napped off the pain of my ankle. Instead I just got on the PS4 on and off and played a little Genshin since I couldn't really focus between naps.  

Saturday (Today):
Today has gone better. I still spent half the day in bed with my foot elevated and iced, but I woke up in less pain today! The bruising is coming along near the ankle and on the foot. Looks a bit gnarly. But pain wise it's a much better day. Before I moved from the bed I actually signed up for another cohort that went into detail on two of my papers and attended that. Really cleared up any confusion or questions I had. 

After the cohort I made a stack of pillows under my desk to elevate my leg so I could actually work at the desk. I don't know what it is but I focus a lot better on school work sitting at the desk with anything I need organized around me. I've made good progress on the two papers I'm working on. Really aiming to finish them by the end of the weekend. I'm pretty glad I'm feeling good enough to at least move to the desk now so I can work on school and not feel like I'm wasting time being laid up with a sprained ankle. 

In other news, I finally convinced my bestie to download Genshin and she's enjoying it! I'm so excited! I've been trying to get her to download it since late last year but she was just playing a bunch of other stuff then. But finally! I'm so excited to help her with the game and build up her characters. 


NO NEW BOOKS! 

No comments: