A Week In My Life covers what happened throughout the week. It'll include my posts for under each respective day, a recap of the day, etc. After the week I'll then include any books I received this week! It is officially replacing the Stacking The ShelvesSunday Post, Weekly Recap post I used to do and puts everything under a much neater title. 

*A Note for Followers from Hope, Faith & Books* 
*If you followed me through GFC or email, please refollow on GFC or resubscribe through email over here if you wish to keep seeing my content*

Sunday: 
Ana's small party was great! She really enjoyed it! Her cupcakes were beautiful! And she got some great gifts. She loves the headphones me and Brian got her. Now she can listen to her tablet without having us talking interrupt her. Hahaha. She also got some Frozen dolls. She loves her new Elsa doll. Definitely the highlight of her gifts. 

Monday:
It was pretty chill. Waiting for some stuff to be processed for my new job. I did some school work. I did almost the entirety of my first of two performance assessments on Monday for my Educational Foundations class. It was mostly a work on school type of day.

Tuesday:
This was Brian's last day of his classes for the fall semester. So now he's off of school for 5 weeks. 

I also turned in the assignment from Monday. First assignment turned in at my new school. Definitely a bit nerve wracking. But I felt pretty good about my answers. I also had my first weekly mentor meeting. She was very excited over the fact I already submitted my first assignment. Since we do things at our own pace and we can go as fast or slow as we want she was very excited to see me already moving at a faster pace since I want to accelerate. And we set a goal for this week based on it. Woot.

Wednesday:
I got my new hire packet from the school district. So I worked on filling that out. 

Also got a nice update in Warframe with new stuff. So checked that out and played a little. 

Thursday:
Random cloudy, rainy day in December. It was cold but nice. 

My task I submitted Tuesday came back as passed! That was fantastic to wake up to! I know other people struggled with it so it made me feel really good that reading all the examples, rubrics and guides paid off. I also got to sit down and interview Ana's teacher after school (on Zoom). My second task required me to interview a teacher, so since I already have contact with Ana's, I reached out and she was thrilled to have me interview her. She's also super excited for me in general and offered for me to reach out if I have any questions about teaching, wanna talk about teaching, etc. I'm so lucky Ana has an amazing teacher! 

Friday:
I got my fingerprints done for my job! And now I'm cleared to start working on Monday! I'm so excited! I found out I'll be working with some kindergarteners. Which makes my heart happy! Obviously Ana is in Kinder and I definitely think I want to teach lower grades so I'm really excited that I'll be working with kids in the age level I want to teach! I'm truly excited to start work at that school, even if I only get to work a week before winter break. Lol. And I feel all professional now. I have my district email and I'll apparently be getting a Chromebook as they give the aides Chromebooks in this district. That was surprising to find out. 

Saturday:
I'm working on my second task that involved that interview. It involves a lot of reflecting, analyzing, etc. I'm hoping to turn it in tonight after Brian gets home from work and helps me with the one spot I'm struggling to word. He's pretty good at showing me how to reword areas I don't feel like are strong as I want. I can move on to my health class after I turn this task in! 

No comments: