A Week In My Life covers what happened throughout the week. It'll include my posts for under each respective day, a recap of the day, etc. After the week I'll then include any books I received this week! It is officially replacing the Stacking The ShelvesSunday Post, Weekly Recap post I used to do and puts everything under a much neater title. 

*A Note for Followers from Hope, Faith & Books* 
*If you followed me through GFC or email, please refollow on GFC or resubscribe through email over here if you wish to keep seeing my content*

*Also, if you're interested in the 2021 Dystopia Reading Challenge, please stop by the sign-up post! *

Sunday:
I finished my interview task I was working on on Saturday. It took a little longer than expected but I got it finished and in the place I wanted it before turning it in! Sunday was mostly a school day for me so there wasn't a whole lot to talk about. 

We did get the news this weekend that Ana will be going back virtual for the first two weeks after winter break. I'm honestly exhausted with the switching between virtual and hybrid stuff. It's a lot to keep track of. 


Monday: 
My first day at my new job as a Special Education Aide! Today was mostly training. I did get a tour of the campus, met my lead teacher and the other aides I'm working with. I also got my Chromebook from the school for work. Its half and half on whether I'm going to use it or the mac which I do my schoolwork on and bring anyways. But its there if I need it. 

I also started my health class. I took my preassessment to see what areas I really need to focus on and which I already had prior knowledge of. 

Tuesday:
I finished up my training stuff at work. I got to sit in our adjoining conference room to the classroom since I had my Chromebook to complete my training on. I also got to take my badge photo. I'll show it below. Oh, I also have my own set of keys. I have district emails. I feel so professional and like I'm really in the school system now. I love it! I also got to participate in planning and whatnot after the kids left for the day. We have about a two hour window between the kids leaving and our work hours ending. 

Badge Photo!

Wednesday:
My first day in the classroom! I really love my lead teacher and the other aides. They were fantastic in showing me the ropes, how they do the activities, really introducing me to each kid they have in the program. I truly feel like a part of the family with my co-workers. I definitely feel like I chose the right school from my offers. I also got my badge today, so I'm super official now! We also had a staff meeting in which we found out we're going remote for 3 weeks after break (I work in a neighboring district than my daughter attends). It doesn't affect my job as we still come in as we have students that require on site services. But we need to know, on the off chance something drastic happens and we have to close everything including OSS. Our lead teacher also gave everyone a gift, including me even though its my first week. 

Gift!

I also found out on my lunch break that I passed my interview task and now I'm done with my Educational Foundations class! That absolutely made my day. I also started on reading for health but I'm having a hard time retaining what I'm reading. I have to go back and make some notes cuz its not sticking as well as stuff from my previous class. I also had a meeting with my mentor and she was thrilled I passed Foundations already! She definitely thinks we're off to a good start! 

Thursday: 
Last day before winter break. Today was my first day with the kids I'll primarily be working with. I was definitely a bit nervous but I really enjoyed it. As I mentioned I've been assigned two of the kindergarteners. And I just love them. Even though one can be a handful at times I still really enjoy working with them. It was my first time going to Gen Ed with them and meeting their Gen Ed Kinder teacher. And she is wonderful! I definitely don't mind working with her when I'm with them in gen ed. She reminds me a lot of Ana's teacher in how she works with her kids. I like that! I also got assigned to work with one of the other aides for centers. So I get to work with the one doing fine motor (arts and crafts). Which I'm thrilled with. We've been planning activities for January and we're sharing such great ideas and working so well together! And I definitely think this is gonna be great practice in lesson planning. So that's a huge plus!

It was also Ana's last day of school before break and she came home with so many crafts! She very much had a fun day at school!

Friday:
I still had to go to work because its a planning day for staff. So it was me, two of the other aides and our lead teacher in. We just worked on planning activities for January, getting February stuff printed, laminating and cutting out things. Things you do when prepping and planning. It was just overall a chill day at work. 

Saturday:
Not much honestly. It was a bit of a bad day considering I had a migraine all day. I wanted to get some reading done for school but all I managed to do was order my webcam for my proctored tests. Just did not have it in me to do anything else. 

  • 2021 Reading Challenges
  • Discussions... Other types of posts... I have the ideas, but I'm not spilling them until I get them scheduled. Stay tuned! Lol. 
I'm so excited about 2021 guys. Truly. I'm so happy to be back blogging and also being able to share other things I'm passionate about that's not just books. I hope you all will enjoy both my bookish and non-bookish content! I'll be working on scheduling and maybe even a post or two before the new year since I'm on winter break for work. I got two weeks to myself to work on school and just relax. I'll also be updating the links throughout the blog that still need it throughout the next two weeks. That one is just one I'm doing a chunk at a time until its finished. 


No comments: