A Week In My Life covers what happened throughout the week. It'll include my posts for under each respective day, a recap of the day, etc. After the week I'll then include any books I received this week! It is officially replacing the Stacking The Shelves, Sunday Post, Weekly Recap post I used to do and puts everything under a much neater title.

*A Note for Followers from Hope, Faith & Books*
*If you followed me through GFC or email, please refollow on GFC or resubscribe through email over here if you wish to keep seeing my content*

*Also, if you're interested in the 2021 Dystopia Reading Challenge, please stop by the sign-up post! *

Sunday:
Easter! Ana had a great day! She got some awesome goodies in her Easter baskets and had a lot of fun doing egg hunts! 

Monday & Tuesday:
I got a lot of psychology work done. Which is great since its such a big class. But I'm really happy with how much I got done. 

Wednesday:
Yeah, about that. Seriously guys, again with the drama on twitter? I opened my app and all the entire feed was was negative. Emily Duncan this, Jay Kristoff that, Genshin Impact this. First of all, let me be very clear, if your going to take part in talking about these issues, you NEED to somehow link back or share the origins of everything. While after a lot of scrolling I found the origins of the Emily Duncan one, I still have yet to find the origins of the Jay Kristoff one. Not everyone is on twitter 24/7 and sees right when this happens. For those of us that just get on at certain times, we're just kinda thrown right into everything without ever being able to find out what caused everything but being expected to blindly follow the masses upon other peoples word of mouth. I hate to say it, but thats not how it works. Remember that game in school where someone would whisper something into someones ear and then we'd see how distorted and changed the phrase was when it got to the last person? That's exactly what you're doing on Twitter just constantly talking about things while making the info that started it essentially disappear into the sea of thousands of tweets. 

What truly makes all this worse, if that I feel like this is non stop. I feel like almost every time I open twitter, its constant negative stuff, over half the time from the book community. It has literally been ages since I scrolled through twitter and just found a book review to read or a booktuber's video to watch. Because all the negative is pushing out everyone else's posts that might have some shred of positivity. The irony is that I see the book community mention mental health often but yet also seems to constantly pour in the negative literally chasing away people from the community whose mental health cant handle the constant negativity. And trust me guys, due to all this, I'm literally planning a post specifically on mental health and the book community. 

Thursday & Friday:
I got back to working more on psychology. More good progress. And don't get me started on the fact those up in arms tweets are suddenly non existent again. 

Saturday:
I took Ana to the bookstore. We got a bunch of leveled readers for her so she can practice her reading. She's been doing so great at it since she's learned so much in Kindergarten this year. Can you believe in a little over a month I'm going to have a 1st grader? And in a month in a half I'll have completed my first term working on my Bachelors? Brian will have finished all his general aviation classes as well. He'll be moving on to either Avionics or Powerplant. It's been a nutty school year with Covid and whatnot but there's been a lot of good learning and progress coming out of it for all of us! 

No new books to share. I was hoping to get one that came out on Tuesday but B&N has apparently decided every time I look forward to a book they don't have it in stock at any location near me. The irony in this is we always talk about shopping local indie bookstores. Well, that indie bookstore literally seems to be the only bookstore that ever has the books I want in stock anymore. 


No comments: